Gevrey-Chambertin: tourism in BourgogneFind out more
Gevrey-Chambertin belongs to the Cluniac sites federation, the village and the surroundings offer a very rich cultural and wine related heritage. Many sites can be visited near Hôtel des Grands Crus:
- Gevrey-Chambertin Castle (not currently possible to visit the inside of the castle)
- Saint-Aignan church in Gevrey-Chambertin
- Combe Lavaux – Jean Roland natural reserve
- Noisot museum in Fixin
- Clos Vougeot castle
- Cîteaux Abbey (website in French)
Located about 20 minutes away by car or train from Gevrey-Chambertin (train also available), Dijon has many heritage sites to enjoy. Here are just a few places we love in this beautiful city:
- Notre-Dame church and it’s lucky owl
- Palais des Ducs de Bourgogne (Palace of the Dukes of Burgundy, currently housing the town hall, a museum and a bar)
- Tour Philippe Le Bon (Philip the Good Tower, from where you can enjoy a bird’s eye view of the city)
- Musée de la vie bourguignonne (Museum of Burgundy)
- Jardin des Sciences Parc de l’Arquebuse (Science museum and botanic garden)
- Place de la Libération, the perfect place to enjoy a drink on a sunny terrace
From Hôtel des Grands Crus, visit Nuits-Saint-Georges and continue to Beaune and its famous vines.
Not to be missed:
- Hospices de Beaune and Hôtel-Dieu former hospital famous for its colourful roof and the charity wine auction
- Notre-Dame Collegiate
The Côte d'Or county has an identity marked by history, vineyard and gastronomy that any visitor will enjoy exploring.
Food and wine
Hôtel des Grands Crus, affiliated to the Label Vignobles & Découvertes (Vineyards & Discoveries) for Dijon-Côte de Nuits, is located in the heart of the Côte de Nuits.
Some world-famous wines are produced in the village of Gevrey-Chambertin, 9 of the 33 Burgundy Grands Crus come from Gevrey-Chambertin. The most famous are Chambertin and Chambertin-Clos de Beze. Discover the vineyards of the Côte de Nuits with a cellar tasting tour.
The Climats vineyards of Burgundy are registered on the World Heritage lits by UNESCO since 4th July 2015. The Climats form a unique cultural site, www.climats-bourgogne/en/.
The application "Bourgogne Rando Vignes", free download from Appstore and Google Play, will help you to discover on foot the Burgundy Vineyard Climats.
Burgundy is also a land of Gastronomy, come and taste its snails, meat, Dijon mustard and many types of cheese, and not forgetting the gingerbread.
Not to be missed:
- Gaugry cheese factory in Brochon
- Wine tours
- Cassisium in Nuits-Saint-Georges
- Imaginarium in Nuits-Saint-Georges
- Mulot & Petitjean shops in Dijon and Beaune
- Maille Mustard shop in Dijon
- Fallot Mustard shop in Beaune
- Rose de Vergy biscuits and sweets factory and tea-room in Dijon
- Fruirouge farm in Concoeur-Corboin
- Domain Jean-Baptiste Joannet in Arcenant
The village of Gevrey-Chambertin, is ideally located for anyone wanting to do sport during their stay at Hôtel des Grands Crus.
Why not try:
- A trek in the nature reserve « Combe Lavaux Jean Roland » website in French – Combe Lavaux Jean Roland)
- Rock climbing
- Country walks of bike rides (click here for bike here – website in French)
- Tennis, badminton and squash
- Curley leisure Park (website in French)
Balades en Bourgogne is an original app that combines a trip around the wine-growing region, heritage discoveries and augmented reality...for easy geolocation of the Climats. You will enjoy this e-guide tour. Available to download for free from Appstore and Google Play.